Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Procrastination

Today is my day off. I went to bed last night with the thought that I would get up this morning and write something interesting in my blog. LOL! Now it is 4:03 pm.

I have managed to find all other kinds of things to do instead. Now, it wouldn't be bad if they were productive things but they weren't (I just finally got to the laundry). I have a half finished oil painting that I could've been working on, but wasn't, another procrastination.

So what have I been doing with my time today? I surfed the web a few times, I watched a little TV, and I played a computer game, a couple of times.

I wish I could figure out why I procrastinate. It isn't like I don't enjoy painting, or writing in my blog, because I enjoy both of those things. I can understand not getting excited about doing the laundry and housework they get done because they have to be done. I'm lucky too, because my boyfriend is great about helping with the household chores.

When I was growing up my mom taught me "never put off until tomorrow what you can do today". The older I get the more I put things off though. Am I the only person in the world that does this? Sometimes I wonder about that, my boyfriend doesn't procrastinate. It probably drives him nuts that I do, although he never says anything.

Well, at least my procrastination helped me to get one thing done. I don't know how interesting it is, but it's written.

4 comments:

Willy said...

Thanks for visiting my site "Life in America. However, If you are really a procrastinator, I would appreciate if you procrastinate on voting in the Elections if you are voting for Barack Hussein Obama (sounds like someone who flew a plain into one of the towers.)

10-4 Willy

Tammy said...

Ahh, Willy, I learned a very long time ago not to judge people. I sure wouldn't judge someone for the name their parents gave them. After all babies don't name themselves.

Rose DesRochers said...

I too put off things. I sometimes get bored on the computer. I have work to do but don't want to do it. lol

Tammy said...

It's good to know it isn't just me. LOL

 
Blog Information Profile for Dragonstorm